Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to identify if a column being used in multiple jobs?

Hello there,

Just trying to find if there is any such feature currently available in Talend, such as identifying all the dependencies based on column from a tables (exist in metadata). I know there is feature where we can identify all the jobs that are dependencies for a metadata item such as schema/database connection etc; is there any way to identify the same at column level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Edit : Exploring this option in order to identify the schema drift occuring at column level.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example? Adding this column into the metadata?

It seems to be a new feature, as the Metadata folder in the Repository tree view stores reusable information on files, databases, and/or systems that you need to create your Jobs but not columns

Best regards

Sabrina

vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sabrina, thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, I agree, repository tree view stores reusable information of all the metadata related to files, databases and connections etc; which can be re-usable in multiple jobs and also easy to identify which jobs are using them through 'Detect Dependency' feature and update all of them in one go. Like wise is there any feature that exist in talend, which can let user identify all the jobs that are using a particular column from a particular tables (Metadata Lineage)? I know this feature exists for schema level, using that I can simply click 'Detect Dependencies' option on any schema that exist in the repository/metadata tree, trying to understand if it is also possible at column level.

Using Query builder feature etc;?

Hope it make sense.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Venkatakoteswararao Badri​, why don't you detect dependencies at schema/table level, because it open the schema when you try to edit a column. In the job, a component import the whole schema from repository, not only some of columns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see this option for column level has been removed from recent version. Below is screenshot of version 6.2

0695b00000LvxhlAAB.png