Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to insert into DynamoDB with DynamoDBoutput?

Hi, All

I'm using Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.3, and I wanna use DynamoDB in my job.

0683p000009Lt6M.png

0683p000009Lt7M.png

My job is pretty simple.

Read file, and extract it, then insert to DynamoDB.

My AWS DynamoDB upload capacity is 2000.

So I think this job can insert 2000 rows /s. But It's actually 31 rows / s.

Is there anyway past way to inset into Dynamo?

Thank you in advance..

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

In advanced setting of tDynamoDBoutput component, there are " Read Capacity Unite" and " Write Capacity Unite", which specify the number of read/write capacity units. For more information, please refer to

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/amazondynamodb/latest/developerguide/HowItWorks.ProvisionedThroughput.ht...

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello

I set it up 2,000 for each DynamoDB and tDynamoDBOutput component... and it's same...

0683p000009Lswy.png

Thank You for Reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm not sure this issue is resolved or not. I have similar issue and I believe it is a problem with Talend tDynamoDBOutout component. It gives a strange error with "Action on Data" is set as "Insert". 

Try to use the "Action on Data" value as "Update". It works for me and I'm able to use this setting to Update as well as Insert new records in my DynamoDB table.

Thanks,

Siva

ashif2
Creator II
Creator II

When  "Action on Data" is set as "Insert",

Starting job BD_Job at 13:53 28/04/2019.

java.lang.VerifyError: Inconsistent stackmap frames at branch target 1601
Exception Details:
local_project/bd_job_0_1/BD_Job.tRowGenerator_1Process(Ljava/util/Map0683p000009MA9p.pngV @1601: ldc_w
Reason:
Type top (current frame, locals[17]) is not assignable to 'com/amazonaws/services/dynamodbv2/document/spec/PutItemSpec' (stack map, locals[17])
Current Frame:
bci: @788flags: { }locals: { 'local_project/bd_job_0_1/BD_Job', 'java/util/Map', integer, 'java/lang/String', 'java/lang/String', 'java/util/Map', integer, 'local_project/bd_job_0_1/BD_Job$row1Struct', 'local_project/bd

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf