Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to read .XLS file and last row skip

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Talend. I'm facing problem.

1.I can't able to read the data's from XLS files.

2.I'm try to import data using .csv and .xlsx format. It will works. But my files last row have the total i don't want to insert last row how to do this.
Can some one help me on this.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello @vivek_sivam 

To skip last few rows in excel just mention the number in limit field.
For example if you want to skip last 501 row just put 500  of tFileInputExcel basic settings limit 

also check excel file format is it 2007 or any, also for better understandings plz share screenshot of error msg.

thanks,

Warm Regards,
Manish Suryawanshi,

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @vitspltalend
I'm getting below error message
Exception in component tFileInputExcel_1 (PartnerCashoutReport)
jxl.read.biff.BiffException: Unable to recognize OLE stream
at jxl.read.biff.CompoundFile.<init>(CompoundFile.java:116)
at jxl.read.biff.File.<init>(File.java:127)
at jxl.Workbook.getWorkbook(Workbook.java:268)
at local_project.partnercashoutreport_0_1.PartnerCashoutReport.tFileInputExcel_1Process(PartnerCashoutReport.java:1297)
at local_project.partnercashoutreport_0_1.PartnerCashoutReport.runJobInTOS(PartnerCashoutReport.java:2356)
at local_project.partnercashoutreport_0_1.PartnerCashoutReport.main(PartnerCashoutReport.java:2206)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have met this issue before, but I'm not sure it is the same occasion with yours. Usually, I will check out the option "Read excel 2007 file format(xlsx)".
Best regards
manish
0683p000009ME0u.png

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.