Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to read data form multiple table and stored to another table and same databse(MySql)

Hi,

I want to read the data from more than one table and stored the data's a single table, anyone assists me.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Sudhee_Maximus
Creator
Creator

if your data is homogeneous and having relational link between tables , you can join them with necessary columns in one source (SQL query )and send the values to target. 

which should server your purpose .

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

Your requirement specification is very generic...however, if you want to fetch from multiple tables and if these tables can increase or decrease in the due course and if you do not want your ETL job to be impacted with these changes, i suggest create a DB view and use that view as your source in your Talend Job, with this approach you can handle all the changes and complexity out of Talend.

Hope that helps

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

On the other hand, if you want to do this in Talend, you can use tUnite component which allows you to merge multiple data sets into one or more outputs. The only catch here is using tUnite component, with every change in the underlying data sources/tables you have to change your Talend Job, on the contrary if you use DB view you an handle all such changes out of Talend and there is no need to touch the Talend Job.