Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravi999
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to transfer context parameters from Data Integration job to esb route?

Hi All, 

Can anyone please tell me how to transfer context parameter values from Data Integration job to esb route?

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a DI job in a route, you are left only with tRouteInput and tRouteOutput for receiving from and sending to a route. Context parameters in a job could be supplied as headers to the route I guess. But contexts are pretty useless inside routes. The concept of a route is very different to a job. A route is always on, so context variables don't really make much sense. It is more useful to think of Exchanges within routes. This way you can assign headers to the lifecycle of an Exchange.

ravi999
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rhall, 

Firstly, the parameters are changing from one environment to other. So it is like manually changing the context groups or making changes to the routes in the higher environments. Also we have some requirement to generate a access token which we were doing with thttp request component in DI. I think don't we have  similar component in ESB. So wanted to generate the token in DI and to pass it to ESB route.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then use the tRouteInput and tRouteOutput components to read in and out Camel Headers. You can output your tokens, etc, with the tRouteOutput and it will be set as a Header for the the exchange that triggered the Talend Job.