Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanphi45
Contributor
Contributor

How to update jackcess jar

Hello ,

I have jackcess jar files here :

D:\TOS_BD-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\configuration\.m2\repository\com\healthmarketscience\jackcess\jackcess\2.1.12\jackcess-2.1.12.jar

D:\TOS_BD-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\configuration\.m2\repository\com\healthmarketscience\jackcess\jackcess-encrypt\2.1.4\jackcess-encrypt-2.1.4.jar

I would like to update them and if possible with a menu.

Which menu in Talend ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Do you want to replace it with a new version of jackcess jar? If so, please refer to this KB article.

https://community.talend.com/s/article/How-to-replace-the-old-Redshift-jar-on-the-system-with-the-ne...

Regards

Shong

jeanphi45
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello it displays Invalid Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jean-Philippe Chenu​, sorry, I did not notice that this article is only visible to Talend employees, I copy the article content here, please try the steps and let me know if it works.

Below are the steps for you to replace the old jar on your system with the new one:

1) Download the new RedshiftJDBC41-1.2.10.xxxx.jar and save it someplace on your system.

2) Close the studio. Go to <talendinstallation>\6.2.1\studio\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries\RedshiftJDBC41-1.1.13.xxxx\6.0.0

and copy the name of the jar file which should be something like this - RedshiftJDBC41-1.1.13.1013-6.0.0. Copy the old jar from this location to someplace safe in case you need to go back to it.

3) Rename the newly downloaded jar with name in step 2 above and replace the old jar with this the newly downloaded-newly named jar

4) Restart studio and run your job.

Regards

Shong

jeanphi45
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, but why Redshift ? And how to do when the version number changes ? If I create a directory (as jar version number) , how can Talend manage it ?

jeanphi45
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It seems that even with a recent jackcess driver there is still the error "net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: precision or scale out of range" where there are text fields. I've tried with 2.23 and 4.0.0 jackcess drivers.

jeanphi45
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok hum... It works when I fill the length of varchar fields in my output schema. When I migrated my project in v7 il have lost lengths in Metadata in input and then in the output.