Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to upload a file on microsoft sharepoint online

Hello,

Just to share my experience to upload a file to sharepoint online.

To connect to sharepoint, you need to realize a sequence of REST call. A little schema below to explain...

0683p000009MZu3.png

The call fails because during the redirection process the tRESTClient receive some cookie but the component don't set the cookie for the next call, thus impossible to finish the step 3.

Finally, I find a solution, see below

0683p000009Ma64.png
I explain a little :
tRESTClient (callMicrosoft) : We check "Convert response to DOM document" to use tXMLMap.
tRESTClient (callSiteButRedirect) : The tRESTClient don't update cookie in the process of redirect. Thus, we made the process of redirect manually. We uncheck "Die on Error" to retrieve HTTP Headers.
tJavaRow (extractCookies) : We extract the two cookies to reuse after.
tRESTClient (callSiteAfterRedirect) : We check "Follow redirects" and "Allow non-same host redirects".
tRESTClient (callForDigest) : We check "Convert response to DOM document" to use tXMLMap.
tFileFetch (loadFile) : We use all the info before and upload the file.

And it's good for me.

Enjoy

Dimitri

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's ok

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@dherla ,please share the solution,so that it would be helpful to others.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The first post is the solution...

Jeff4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this trick ! I managed to make it work with postman but i didn't think about the redirect management with talend.

Could you upload en example of your job ? It will be interessing to see how you manage the building of input for tRESTCLIENT.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I don't understand your question. I make nothing special to create the input of tRESTClient.

But if you need more help for one step just ask.

Regards

Dimitri

jay_t0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you for sharing details on SAML authentication. I am working on a new assignment where i have download/extract data from sharepointonline list.

Is it possible to share screenshots/details of each component? tRESTClient has lot of different options and it will help if you share what worked for you.

AIjel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

it would be very useful if you share screenshots of your jobs, as you see from previous message, lots of people are fighting with sharepoint online authentification.

thanks

ccat1604932141
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for the post.

I am not very good at java, is it possible to have an example of tjavarow to retrieve cookies?

Thanks

sidd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dherla - I am working on the same request. is it possible to export the job you created and share it with us?