Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMAP Email attachments are not able load to mongodb

Hi All,
Am loading  data from IMAP folder to Mongodb using component as ( tPOP-->tFileInputMail-->MongodbOutput ). I can load all the Mail Part column likes From, To, Subject and Body column.
But, the email attachements are not able to load to output  to mongodb or tlogrow. Please find  attached screenshot for reference.
Is it possible  attachments files can load to output (or) Am i did any mistake for loading attachments? Am using Talend BD 5.6 version.
Thanks,
Regards,
Srinivasan
Labels (2)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Srinivasan,
Have you already used ((String)globalMap.get("tPOP_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) for the file name in tInputmail component? How did you set "Mail parts" in Basic settings of tFileInputMail?
Column           Mail part
SUBJECT          SUBJECT
ATTACHMENT   ATTACHMENT ?

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response.
Yes. I have used ((String)globalMap.get("tPOP_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) for the file name. still dont get the attachments email to the outputs.
The Column and Mail Parts used as below:
Column         Mail Parts
subject        "subject"
attachment  "attachment"
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Team,
The email attachment files cant load to Mongodb/Oracle? the  tfileinputmail component Column/Mail Part : email attachment alone is not working.
Is there any other way to load email attachments load to mongodb?
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Can you use  tPOP-->tFileInputMail-->tlogrow to print out your  attachment successfully  on console? How did you set  Mongodb/Oracle DB schema?

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi xdshi
The Tlogrow component also can see the attachment as  empty. Please find attached screenshot for reference. Please help to  let me know if am wrong anywhere.

Thanks,
Regards,
Srinivasan S
0683p000009ME6J.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Any updates on this please?
Thanks,
Regards,
Srinivasan S
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Srinivasan S,
How did you set your schema in tFileInputMail? Are you sure that you got the email with attachment? What's kind of attachment?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
I have set schema as 'String" for attachment column. i dont think  the  tfileinputmail wont send attachments  to output log row .
I can see the tpop component output directory file  below logs  for attachment file.
--_Next_Part_1381127745
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: attachment;
  filename=s_EQIX_ORA_ODS_Param_File_Generate_1381127745.log
Content-Description: s_EQIX_ORA_ODS_Param_File_Generate_1381127745.log
Please let me know  how to get email attachments in the tfileinputmail component  to output  logrow.
0683p000009ME6O.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Do you have any sample jobs for loading attachments files too? Still am facing not able to load email attachments files from TFileInputMail components to logrow output .Please help on this.
Attachments files  are just text file only.
Thanks,
Regards,
Srinivasan S