Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twisted
Contributor
Contributor

Import CSV and convert data for output to PostgreSQL

Dears,

I have trouble finding certain "blocks" in order to build something I need to create in Talend.

I've got 2 CSV files. Both are imported as "file delimited" and attached to a tLogRow.

From Alpha.csv I would need to convert the data as per below to PostgreSQL;

• Column02 has either "1" or "2" mentioned, 1 should be converted to "Apple" and "2" to "Pear"
  • Column05 has a number. Either I.E. "112" or numbers like "54A". I would to output this data without the letters (hence "54" instead of "54A").
  • Column06 has 6 digits. And the 6 digits need to change in the string of Beta.csv. Beta.csv has 2 columns, one columns with strings the other column is equal to the 6 digits.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated. I've tried to search the official documentation and in Google.

But unfortunately I'm not able to find the sections of the documentation that could help me further. Most likely I'm searching wrong here...

Many thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Twisted
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@guenneguez jeremy​ 

Many thanks again! That makes sense :).

I opened the CSV and searched for ";;" however I do not get a match.

Searched for it manually but didn't find a match either.

So I bet it must be something else then. Probably one of those things that only happen at random for some people?