Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Import FPML files

Hey,
I was looking to import FpML files to database using Talend. But I did not find any component to do so.
Note: FpML (Financial products Markup Language) is an XML message standard for the OTC Derivatives industry.
Can someone help on this?
Thanks!
Labels (3)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You would probably parse the file using our XML components.
Our XML wizard accept both XML or XSD data.
Best regards;
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could import these XSD files with Talend Data Mapper. It is designed to handle the complexity of FpML.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ksultania,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey i am yet to implement the suggested ideas.
Thanks for the guidance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ksultania,
Just so you know, the suggestion Francis brings into this thread of using the Talend Data Mapper is excellent.
The Talend Data Mapper is a module of our Platform offering which is dedicated and focus to handle and manage hierarchical and complex mapping over XML, FpML, JSON, EBCDIC, X12, EDI, etc...
If you need to engage someone from our Sales organization to discuss further our platform offering; please do so; send an email to sales@talend.com.
The Talend Data Mapper can really solve your requirement here and speed up the delivery of your project.
Best regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the response.
I will update as soon as i start working on it.
Really appreciate the support!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
How does this data mapper work. I tried looking for it but couldn't find anything useful. 
Please provide some useful link where i can see and learn how it works and what all features it provides.
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ksultania,
Is the TDM doc Ok with you? http://doc.talend.com/enterprise/talend_data_mapper/5.4/
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry. I thought data mapper is a feature of TOS for Data integration. Can I use Talend Data Mapper inside talend Data Integration? Or is it a seperate IDE?
Same thing for Data quality. Can I use them together in one place?