Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PNguyen1611082860
Contributor
Contributor

Importing labels (for tables) from an excel file template to the Talend Data Catalog

Hello. Not sure if this is a good place to put this question or not. Recently our team has been using Talend Data Catalog (TDC)-metadata explorer (aka the one on the web) to import information from data dictionary (DD) excel to Talend. However, now our team wants to import data from Excel 'files' that identified 'labels' (or associations) with each data source (e.g. tables). In other words, we will like to import the labels (for table) from Excel to Talend and used the import label to describe the table(s) in Talend. I know in Talend, you can manually add labels to the table(s), but it's very labor-intensive work. We are hoping that there is a way to 'import' the label for the table(s) from the Excel file to Talend. I thank you for helping in advance.

Update: I was told that in Talend TDC has the REST API function addLabels could help me with the label automation process. Since I am new to Talend, I had issues finding information on this function and how it can be used in the label automation process.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
PNguyen1611082860
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm curious if it is possible labeling a data asset from the Talend data catalog using information from an excel worksheet. For example, one could manually add a label to a lot of data assets (e.g. table), which could take a long time. Or is there a function or way in Talend to read an Excel file (for instance) containing which label goes with which data assets?