Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soumya_M
Contributor
Contributor

Incremental loading in Talend

Hello, I've created a talend job for incremental loading similar to the one given in this link - which only loads the latest records after comparing the timestamps.

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D53p00007vCkMrCAK?language=en_US

But how do i achieve updation of older records ? as my job does incremental loading. Two things i need to incorporate in the job

1. To load any older date files, older than the last successful run timestamp
  2. How do i update any changed records ?
Labels (3)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a question about your record, does there exist timestamp field in your record, and this field is updated whenever the records is updated or inserted?

Regards

Shong

Soumya_M
Contributor
Contributor
Author

the timestamp remains the same, only the records get updated. It's like I've already loaded the data for a particular date file, later I get a file with modified records for the existing date file

Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the target application? Database? if there is no a flag indicating that the record has been updated, I think you need to load all data from the file you get.

Soumya_M
Contributor
Contributor
Author

target is postgresql database, how do i need to get the flag indicating which record has been changed ?

Soumya_M
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Instead of updating, first I want to delete the matching records and insert the latest records

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Soumya M​ , you need to investigate if it is possible to know which records have been deleted or updated from your source file, if not, you have to do full comparison between source records and all of target data to get the deleted records and updated records, then, delete the corresponding record and update the corresponding record in the target database. I don't know your data source and data structure, so there is no way to give a specific job design.

Soumya_M
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Okay, because i don't know which records are updated I've to do full comparison between source and target records. How do i delete existing records and insert updated records to the single target table? source and target tables belong to postgres database.