Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Informatica code is migrate to talend

Hi ,
We are using informatica product for Oracle to differnent system migration to target (like falt file ,oracle).
for the costing issue. we are doing validating the Talend etl tool and migrate code to talend etl tool and checking the performance level.
do we have any thrid party tool to migrate the informatica xml code to talend etl tool?
Also can explain the diference between the talend and informatica? please share any material document for the difference.

Thanks,
Srinivasan S
Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Srinivasan S
As far as i'm concerned, there isn't any third party now for migration from informatica to talend.
Does anyone know that?
Regards,
Pedro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are starting a similar project. Any advise on - what should be approach / high level design from moving informatica ETL mappings to Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would advise getting someone who has experience in both tools to help with this. While some bits could very well be translated from the Informatica XML to Talend, it would likely be a very poor conversion. While you can waterproof a car to make it float, it won't outperform a vehicle that has been designed for the water. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Srinivas,

We are also in the same apporach .planning to migrate OBIA apps to Talend.I guess by this time you may be completed all your research and all .Could you please help me  on this. Did you go with Talend ? or another tool.

Thanks,

Archana