Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Informix - Cannot retrieve Schema tables

hello guys, 

I really need help here, I am trying to guess a get from some table in TOS DI using Informix in an old version (+- 7.0),

I can connect, Read a table if I create a schema manually but I can't see the schemas.

bellow my configuration: 

0683p000009M3PW.png

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you able to retrieve your Informix table schema by selecting Retrieve schema from the contextual menu?

TalendHelpCenter:Retrieving table schemas

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually not, I am try to retrieve this connection but the operation cancel before to get the schema
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

What's Informix DB version are you trying to connect?

If you don't mind, could you please open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there; if you do, we will appreciate it a lot if you can paste it here.

In your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hola Sabrina,

thank you for your support. Our version is 7.2.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (hplinux_net) failed.

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.getConnection(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:889)

at org.talend.metadata.managment.utils.MetadataConnectionUtils.getConnection(MetadataConnectionUtils.java:1270)

at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.updatePackage(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:686)

at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.createNewRepositoryNode(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:660)

at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.getRepositoryNodeByBuildIn(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:599)

at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.progress.OpenSQLBuilderDialogProgress.run(OpenSQLBuilderDialogProgress.java:54)

at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.OpenSQLBuilderDialogJob.run(OpenSQLBuilderDialogJob.java:117)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (hplinux_net) failed.

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:204)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1139)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.getConnection(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:844)

... 7 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (hplinux_net) failed.

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1305)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver.connect(IfxDriver.java:254)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)

... 9 more

Caused by: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (hplinux_net) failed.

at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getLocIfxASFException(IfxErrMsg.java:809)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.openSocket(Connection.java:1733)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:263)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:942)

... 16 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)

at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.openSocket(Connection.java:1684)

... 18 more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Someone could help me on that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It seems there is DB connection issue from your side.

Here is online documentation about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components for talend V 7.0.

Have you tried to reproduce this issue on other informix version?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I could connect a schema from more recent versions from Informix... but this is an old system and we can't change the DB version....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Is it possible for you to use a generic JDBC connection for your old system?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sabrima,

I tried but without success, I used the JDBC option....
BR
Raphael