Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmaglio_td
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to build multiple jobs in a project from Studio or via a command (Windows)?

Hi,

I have a project that contains about 100 jobs and I'd like to automate building of each job from Studio or via a command (not commandline).

Is this possible?

I have tried issuing the following from my local workstation which seems to generate something but I'm unable to find a binary that it's produced:

mvn org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:7.3.1:generate -e -X -f C:\testworkspace\.repositories\197371750\master\test_project\poms\jobs\process\test\wf_test_job_0.1\ -s C:\Talend73\studio\configuration\maven_user_settings.xml -am -Dlicense.path=C:\talend73\license -Dproduct.path=C:\talend73\studio -Dupdatesite.path=C:\binaries -Dgeneration.type=local

Thank you

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If you are using talend open solution without talend commandline feature, please try to export multiple jobs within a folder and build from it and that folder contains multiple jobs.

Note: By default, when a Job is built, all the required jars are included in the .bat or .sh command. For a complex Job that involves many Jars, the number of characters in the batch command may exceed the limitation of command length on certain operating systems. To avoid failure of running the batch command due to this limitation, before building your Job, go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the Add classpath jar in exported jobs check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

tmaglio_td
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I tried exporting jobs, but do not see any source code in them. How would they be compiled?

I'm looking to match whatever happens when I right-click on a job and hit Build Job and then take the resulting .zip file and import it onto a TAC server.

I've been attempting to construct a command that will allow me to do that via maven and although the command appears to succeed, I'm unable to find the resulting binary. The command I'm using is:

mvn org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:7.3.1:generate -e -X -f C:\testworkspace\.repositories\197371750\master\test_project\poms\jobs\process\test\wf_test_job_0.1\ -s C:\Talend73\studio\configuration\maven_user_settings.xml -am -Dlicense.path=C:\talend73\license -Dproduct.path=C:\talend73\studio -Dupdatesite.path=C:\binaries -Dgeneration.type=local

Thank you for any help, suggestions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Export job option is used to export the job script, Export item option is used to export the item files, including jobs, metadatas, contexts, routines etc. So, you should use build job as a standalone option(.bat or .sh file) if you want to compile them.

Best regards

Sabrina

tmaglio_td
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you again for your response. I guess what I am struggling with is what exactly is in the .bat or .sh file. Is it a maven command like the one that I posted or is there some particular command that is typically used?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You are able to execute job script file(window batch file for example) in your cmd.exe

Please have a look at this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: building jobs

Best regards

Sabrina

tmaglio_td
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you again for responding. I'm asking if I can build a job using a maven on its own via a command like:

mvn org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:7.3.1:generate -e -X -f C:\testworkspace\.repositories\197371750\master\test_project\poms\jobs\process\test\wf_test_job_0.1\ -s C:\Talend73\studio\configuration\maven_user_settings.xml -am -Dlicense.path=C:\talend73\license -Dproduct.path=C:\talend73\studio -Dupdatesite.path=C:\binaries -Dgeneration.type=local

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please have a look at this documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Customizing Maven build script templates and let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina