Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator

Integrate HBase to Talend Studio

I want to connect Talend Studio with HBase. I've read that since Talend v6.x, the direct connection to HBase (tHBaseConnection) has been deprecated. As for now, I am quite confused on the way I can use to connect my Talend Studio to HBase.

Some of the reference I read were:

1. Use Hive to connect HBase and Talend Studio using Cloudera Data Platform
  2. Use Hive to connect HBase and Talend Studio using MapR

Can someone explain or validate these ways or there are more way I can do to do so?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Actually, the patch is not available for Talend Open studio.

There is no patch applied for talend open studio(free version). You have to upgrade your open studio when there is a new feature/ bug fixed in the latest released free version.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

tHBaseConnection component in this framework is available in all Talend products with Big Data and in Talend Data Fabric

Please have a look at this component reference

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/hbase/thbaseconnection

Best regards

Sabrina

WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator
Author

0695b00000IbsT8AAJ.pngI want to connect with CDP v7. Based on this article in this link (https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/release-notes-big-data-products/r2020-06), I could do so by using Talend Studio for Big Data. However, when I want to choose the Cloudera version option for Hadoop cluster in Talend Studio in Big Data, it only limits the version until CDH v6, as shown in image above.

Which Talend product should i use to perform data integration with CDP v7.3.x?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Regarding the latest v7.3.1 R2020-11 release, we states

CDP 7.X and 7.1.X are currently certified on.

https://help.talend.com/r/dRSJ9~EAyTy01QgTh1JEuQ/ODB0uX0UJU2utsqxC77j4w

And we confirmed with our RD team that we used 7.1.1.0-565, available as built-in in the Studio, for the certification. Please notice that through dynamic distributions other 7.X versions are also supported.

Best regards

Sabrina

WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi. May I know if CDC Talend support phoenix jdbc driver?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In this documentation: TalendHelpCenter: Database support for CDC

The CDC feature is available for the following databases: AS/400, DB2, Informix, Ingres, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase, and Teradata.

Note that the CDC feature works only with database systems running on the same server.

Best regards

Sabrina

WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator
Author

Does Talend CDC works with HBase? Because as mentioned before, Talend Studio for Big Data supports the HBase integration specifically for CDP, but that one is for task in batch manner if Im not mistaken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As far as we known that talend CDC components are not available in bigdata batch job.

Here is a sample approach how to do CDC using Talend components.

Please refer to this online document about:TalendHelpCenter: CDC with Spark in Big Data

Hope it will help.

Best regards

Sabrina

WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I was reading this article on how to install the patch in my current Talend Studio for BD, https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/migration-upgrade-guide-big-data/download-studio-patch?tocId=ns0...

In there, it mentions that in order to apply the the batch, i need to open Talend Administration Center and select the project that I want to test the patch on.

So, my question is if I want to install patch, does it requires me to have TAC license or is there is any way i can use to apply the patch in the free version of Talend Studio?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Actually, the patch is not available for Talend Open studio.

There is no patch applied for talend open studio(free version). You have to upgrade your open studio when there is a new feature/ bug fixed in the latest released free version.

Best regards

Sabrina