Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dattasud
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with Input Params through Build Jobs Talend Open Studio

Hi All,

I have designed a job which has two contexts variable, taking input params for my db query and path for an tFileinputExcel file. When I run the job, I get the popup to enter the details and able to get the results from the ETL job.

But when I build the job and execute the batch file using command line, I don't get the popup to enter the input params. And even if I pass the input params through the command line, I am still getting for Exception in component tFileInputExcel_1 (MasterLeadsDataLoad) - java.io.FileNotFoundException.

If I give the default value for context variables and run through the command line, I am able to get my output files.

My question is:

!) Please suggest how can I solve the input param issue when run through command line?

2) How can I give a relative path for my input file and output file so that I reads from the same location and generate the output file on same location?

Please help.

Regards,

Sudeep

Labels (2)
2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

When you build the job and execute from the command way, it will not prompt the context variable. Are you using open studio?
dattasud
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I am using Talend Open Studio for Big Data.

My input params:

1) will take a string value J

2) path of an input file

Even if I pass the variables like below:

MasterLeadsDataLoad_run.bat J C:/Users/sdatta/Documents/MasterLeads/phoneblacklist.xlsx

I am getting - 

Exception in component tFileInputExcel_1 (MasterLeadsDataLoad) java.io.FileNotFoundException

0683p000009M9W9.jpg0683p000009M9ck.jpg