Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunbaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with converting String as datetime in excel to datetime in Talend

Hello !!!! I have spent enough days trying to convert a datetime as string from an excel and convert it into a datetime in talend and then write it into a notepad.

This is how my data in the source which is a CSV file is 

08-01-2018  11:44

I read the data as string and then use TalendDate.parseDate("dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm",Var.var1)  function to convert it into a datetime variable. 

However when I write the output in a notepad this is what I get

01-08-2018 11:01

Not sure why this is happening ?

Any help please !!!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I ran your job with the data file and I got the data in sync at both input and output. The only minor issue I noticed was that the minute part was wrong in the output schema of tmap. I have modified it from MM to mm to pick minute instead of earlier value of Month (as shown below).

0683p000009M0p2.png

Below are the screenshots of Input and Output and they are in sync.

0683p000009M0mO.pngInput file

0683p000009M0p7.pngConsole Output

0683p000009M0gC.pngOutput Console

So could you please make the above change mentioned in your tmap (allow the change to propagate to other components), then, things should work fine.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 0683p000009MACn.png

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunbaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any help would be much appreciated !!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I hope you are reading the files using the MS Excel and it will auto format the dates according to the settings. 

Most probably your input file will be in US settings where the date format will be MM-dd-yyyy. I would always recommend to see the file in a normal text editor like Notepad++ to understand the data format of the date columns.

If you are still stuck, could you also share the sample input files and job flow + component details screen shots so that we can do detailed analysis?

If the answer has helped to identify and resolve the problem, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi 

sunbaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Thanks for the reply. I tried to validate all that you have said and as per me I am not seeing any issues. I checked it in Notepad++ and there also the  format is as I mentioned above. I am attaching screen print of the excel and also the same when viewed in Notepad++.

Also I ran the code in Debug mode and you can see that row2 shows IO_Time as Augst 1 11:44

0683p000009M0od.png0683p000009M0QI.png0683p000009M0iW.png0683p000009LyQt.png0683p000009M0nq.png0683p000009M0oi.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please export your current job as a zip file along with your sample input file so that I can examine it from my end?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

sunbaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Attached as asked for.

Thanks

Data_Load.zip
sunbaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The Source

Anuj Kumar.csv
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I ran your job with the data file and I got the data in sync at both input and output. The only minor issue I noticed was that the minute part was wrong in the output schema of tmap. I have modified it from MM to mm to pick minute instead of earlier value of Month (as shown below).

0683p000009M0p2.png

Below are the screenshots of Input and Output and they are in sync.

0683p000009M0mO.pngInput file

0683p000009M0p7.pngConsole Output

0683p000009M0gC.pngOutput Console

So could you please make the above change mentioned in your tmap (allow the change to propagate to other components), then, things should work fine.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 0683p000009MACn.png

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi