Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabriel-spiteri
Contributor
Contributor

Job Design Question

Hi

So I am building a job and I need to take the output of Views to Append and pass it through the part marked as "1" in red ... and once that is complete reuse the same output for part "2" marked in red. It is very important that the lookup inputs are loaded only when that part starts since part "1" augments the information in that look up.

Thanks

0695b00000H7oZcAAJ.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a KB article about: https://community.talend.com/s/article/Can-I-create-a-Job-with-multiple-paths-from-a-single-source-t...

Hope it will give you some help on your design issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

Hi, you can use thashoutput to stock the output of the view, then you can use thashinput to get the values at any time.

so the job will be your dbinput --> thashoutput -->tjava to stock in a globalMap the numbers of row generated in the thash output

on subjob ok link -->empty tjava-->trigger link if value of the globalMap >0 (you cant initialize empty hashinput) then thashinput -->1

on subjob ok link -->-->empty tjava-->trigger link if value of the globalMap >0 then thashinpu-->2.

hashinput and output are hidden components you have to go to File-->Edit project properties-->Designer-->palette settings,open the technical folder drag and drop hash component from left to right then apply and close.

Send me Love and Kudos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a KB article about: https://community.talend.com/s/article/Can-I-create-a-Job-with-multiple-paths-from-a-single-source-t...

Hope it will give you some help on your design issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

gabriel-spiteri
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The hashOutput/Input and onSubjob ok link worked great. thanks