Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShZ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Join datas thanks to id get from globalmap

Hi everyone,

I am facing an issue as I try to join some datas, let me give ou some informations about my job.

I am getting a list of objects thanks to a REST API call. Each object has a validation date which I can get with another REST API call. 

069U10000010dwtIAA.png

On the top (number 1) you can see the first part of my job which is getting all objects and which is working fine.

On the bottom (number 2) you can see the second part of my job which is a lookup and calls the REST API using an id as parameter to get the validation date. This id needs to be used to join to the datas coming from the first part of my job (number 1). As this id isn't part of the response sent by the REST API which sends me the validation date, I am trying to get my id back in the tMap (number 3) on my screenshot by using : String.valueOf(globalMap.get("row10.reportId")) 

069U10000010hxIIAQ.png

Afterwards, I try to link the validation date I get to each object I get in my tMap (number 4) doing like this :

069U10000010l1ZIAQ.png

According to my tLogs, I have datas who should match but it seems that nothing matches in my tMap (numbe r4) output.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Add a tUnite component after tMap_3 to merge all the records (ReportId and EventDate) before you do the join, please try and let me know if it works.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Add a tUnite component after tMap_3 to merge all the records (ReportId and EventDate) before you do the join, please try and let me know if it works.

Regards

Shong

ShZ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi shong,

Thanks a lot, it works.

For my understanding, and as I still am a beginner with Talend, what is the tUnite goal ? In my case, is it doing the join between my ReportId and my EventDate as I get my ReportId from a global map ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are using tFowToIterate to iterate each ID in source file, tUnite merge all the records as lookup table, without tUnite, only the last record are output as lookup table for join.