Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Log number of records added when running the job outside Open Studio

Hi,
I see this question has been asked before in a way or another but couldn't find a proper answer. Can anyone help in providing the correct one (if possible)?

I'm running Talend to copy data from a Production Salesforce instance to my Sandbox SF instance. So my jobs are easy:
Prod_SF -> tMap -> Sand_SF
Since I have a few jobs, I would like to be able to report the number of inserted records when running the scripts in a shell outside Open Studio. Pretty much the same as they show above the job graphics when running inside OS. Is there any way I can capture that information and print it out in the shell after each job is done?
An even better feature...would it be possible to get live feedback on how many records have been read/written ? Always talking about running outside of OS, in a shell.

Thanks,
Cris N 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Usually,  Nb_LINE   is used to count the total number of records have been proceed.
Here are global variables ((Integer)globalMap.get("tSalesforceOutput_1_NB_SUCCESS")), ((Integer)globalMap.get("tSalesforceOutput_1_NB_REJECT")) and ((Integer)globalMap.get("tSalesforceOutput_1_NB_LINE")) from component tsalesforceoutput.
You can  capture that NB information in your job and send them to your email as a  live feedback.
The work flow looks like:
Prod_SF -> tMap -> Sand_SF (main job)
tfixedflow -->tsendmail
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MG9z.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sabrina,
This 'could' be a solution  but since I want this exercise to run completely independent of any name, email or salesforce credentials, I would prefer to be able to do everything inside the shell. Run the tool, add the credentials and get a live feedback of how many records have been processed for each job or how many records have been processed as soon as they have been processed...like the green text showing above each job graphic. I mean, if that is possible in the OS I am pretty sure there must be some way to connect to that and spit it out to the console so I can pipe it into other shell tools to display it while the script is running. Or am I mistaken?
Thanks for all your help!
Cris