Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinLeleu
Contributor
Contributor

Manage Cert and Key inside TRestClient Http Header

Hello,

I'm currently developping a Talend Job doing some work on Qlik sense API and for the access I have to Auth through a certificate and a key. The probleme is actually how to manage theses. I don't have right to generate a keystore in my system and have to go through a hard by inserting my cert and key in Http Header of TRestClient. How can I manage to do that ? Which parameters have I to use ? How they are managed (Inserting raw data, link to the pem file ?) ?

Thanks a lot

Kleleu

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this article about: https://community.talend.com/s/article/Three-ways-to-set-a-truststore-for-an-SSL-TLS-connection-in-a... to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this article about: https://community.talend.com/s/article/Three-ways-to-set-a-truststore-for-an-SSL-TLS-connection-in-a... to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

KevinLeleu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you, that was what I looked for.

Now the problem is the error following :

PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Any idea on what could cause this ?

Best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When using an "https" URL, CXF will use the certs that are part of the JDK by default.

Usually it is located in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts and in this case the cacerts was old and not valid.

You are able to see more details by adding -Djavax.net.debug=all on your data service job.

What's JDK version are you using?

Best regards

Sabrina

KevinLeleu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm currently using JDK1.8.0. By using the  -Djavax.net.debug=all it seems the trustStore used is the correct one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please try to specify wrapper.java.additional.xx=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/your_cert or add javax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/your_cert in [container]/etc/system.properties.

Feel free to let me know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

KevinLeleu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

I tried both solutions none of them worked.

A little more precision, originally both my certificate and my key are in pem format So at first executed this :

openssl pkcs12 -export -in [path to certificate] -inkey [path to private key] -certfile [path to certificate ] -out testkeystore.p12

and this :

keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore testkeystore.p12 -srcstoretype pkcs12 -destkeystore [My jks filename] -deststoretype JKS

to have a .jks format file. Does it have any influence on the result ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

@KLeleu

I will make an investigation on your issue and then come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina

gjeremy1617088143

hi, you can use cacerts it works.

Send me LOve and Kudos

sacuke1
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the same issue. Getting invalid certificate path despite ​using cacerts. I am also trying to call QlikSense Api. Any solution?