Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Message opening Talend Studio - difference between Studio and project versions

Hi everyone,

I'm using Talend Cloud Big Data (R2024-03) and when pulling the Jobs from a GitLab repository to access 2 projects I'm receiving 2 differente messages (one for each project):

- The project version [xxxx(xxxx-patch)] on the target branch is higher then the update version configured in your Studio.

- The project version [zzzz(zzzz-patch)] on the target branch is lower than your Studio version. Migrate your project first.

Must I update my Studio version and then pull all the Jobs, thus migrating them? Or these messages indicate I have to follow another route?

Thank you.

Rui

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello everyone,

I updated my Studio so that its version is equal or superior than the branch version and then I just accessed the Projects.
Regarding the message "The project version [zzzz(zzzz-patch)] on the target branch is lower than your Studio version. Migrate your project first." I expected Studio to migrate the Jobs automatically, while accessing the project.
The problem was that the Git repository was empty.

Cheers,
Rui

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello everyone,

I updated my Studio so that its version is equal or superior than the branch version and then I just accessed the Projects.
Regarding the message "The project version [zzzz(zzzz-patch)] on the target branch is lower than your Studio version. Migrate your project first." I expected Studio to migrate the Jobs automatically, while accessing the project.
The problem was that the Git repository was empty.

Cheers,
Rui

MauerwegRunnerBerlin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, the same message appears after migration.

The project version [zzzz(zzzz-patch)] on the target branch is lower than your Studio version. Migrate your project first.

The solution which was posted here, the GIT repository was empty. I can see the branches in GIT (and refresh the git repos list). And when I create a new branch from main branch the message appears. With an empty GIT repo there should be no branches visible. I am not ann GIT expert....

MauerwegRunnerBerlin_0-1726131112148.png

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello @MauerwegRunnerBerlin 

We have replied to your another topic

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Target-branch-version-mismatch-after-upgradin...

Could you please look at the reply to see if it helps?

Best regards

Sabrina