Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpronebner
Contributor
Contributor

Metadata Database Connection and Implicit Context Load

Hello everybody,

I use the implicit context load to dynamically load various variables from a database into a context group. In the metadata I can create a database connection, e.g. an MS-SQL database connection. This database connection in the metadata has many advantages, e.g. I can call up schemas and define the CDC function. I can also use a context group for the database connection in which the connection data is saved, as you can see in the screenshot. Unfortunately, you can only use a context group in which the connection data is statically saved so that the database connection is also established in Talend Studio. Is it somehow possible to use the context group in the metadata database connection (not in the job) by loading the connection data dynamically using implicit context load?

Thanks in advance!

0695b00000G3s9CAAR.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gjeremy1617088143

Hi, I think the metadata in your case (via configuration) are static , you can't change them dynamically.

Send me Love and Kudos

View solution in original post

6 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

Hi , i've found a workaround :

so check the option create a new repository context it will create a new context with the value wich will send in the metadata.

You make a father job with the timplicitcontextload and you send the context value in the job son(wich contain your db component) : you set the context param of the son job with the context values of the timplicit load context value of the father job.

I've test it with connection metadata on the son job and it's working.

Send me Love and kudos

jpronebner
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

many thanks for your response. In the job, the implicit context load works for me without any problems. I just want to find out whether the implicit context load also works with the metadata database connection, as shown in the screenshot, without having to statically save the access data in the context group locally in the project. The access data should be loaded dynamically from the configuration database when I click e.g. on the database connection "test".

Many Thanks!

0695b00000G3t2SAAR.png

gjeremy1617088143

you could set all you metadata to empty value : they'll will be overrided by the value of the implicit load of the father job

jpronebner
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

many thanks for your response. In this case, I do not need the implicit context load in the job, but rather when I right-click in the metadata under the item database connections so that I can do, for example, "determine schema", as you can see in the previous screenshot, or "create CDC". I don't want to statically save the DB access data here, but rather they should be loaded dynamically from my configuration. In the constellation with father and son jobs, the ICL works WITHOUT problems. Perhaps I have not described my problem clearly enough, if so, I am sorry.

With best regards

gjeremy1617088143

Hi, I think the metadata in your case (via configuration) are static , you can't change them dynamically.

Send me Love and Kudos

jpronebner
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

many thanks for your response. I already suspected that this would not work, but it would be a cool feature, then you would no longer have to store the access data statically. Thank you anyway!

With best regards