Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigdata1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Migrating Data from a Datamart to Transactional DB

I am frequently tasked with migrating data from a redshift datamart to a MySQL transactional db.  The current flow I use for doing so is to write a query to download from redshift, transform the data then do uploads to MySQL.  I was wondering if it would be possible to develop something that would perform the transaction entirely in the cloud, saving me network latency.  Please let me know if Talend offers components for doing so.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Talend is having cloud offering i.e. Talend 7.0 Cloud which is running over AWS.

It will be an excellent idea to use Talend cloud for your use case and please refer the product details below.

https://www.talend.com/products/integration-cloud/

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

bigdata1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can you do the above with the desktop tool?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Talend cloud is having both Cloud engine and Remote engine. So if you prefer to execute some of your operations on-premise, you can go for Hybrid operation model.

There is a 30 day free trial period where you can get a look and feel of the Cloud platform of Talend. I would suggest to use Talend cloud as it will complement the new features Talend is going to roll out like Data Streams and many others.

Another great thing about Talend Cloud is that users do not have to worry about how to manage underlying services like Talend scheduler (TAC which got changed to TMC in cloud), setting up of Job servers etc.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi