Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex9
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Modifications of Talend type mappings files for metadata not applying

Hello,

I got an issue of mappings between Talend types and Snowflake database types.

Therefore, I am trying to modify the Snowflake XML mapping in the project properties as below:

0695b00000bGze7AAC.pngI modified the file by clicking on "Edit" and "Apply" but it seems that no modification in this file is taken into account.

Even after restarting Talend and recreating the Snowflake connection in the metadata section.

Is there another file to modify or action to perform in order to apply the modifications ?

Talend version: 7.3.1 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alex

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

I am afraid that this is a known issue with Snowflake components. There is a feature request to improve this which is going to be worked on soon. But at the moment there is no fix. If you are using the Snowflake components to create your tables and then populate them, the only way of working around this is to create your tables, get the DDL's created, drop the tables, edit the DDLs to what you want and then build them again.

I know, this is not great at all. But we are aware of it and this will be in a patch if you are using the enterprise edition.

A quick thought, there might be another way to make this a little more palatable. You could create your tables with the types you want by using the Snowflake API and a tRestClient. Take a look here about the API....

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/developer-guide/sql-api/index.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

I am afraid that this is a known issue with Snowflake components. There is a feature request to improve this which is going to be worked on soon. But at the moment there is no fix. If you are using the Snowflake components to create your tables and then populate them, the only way of working around this is to create your tables, get the DDL's created, drop the tables, edit the DDLs to what you want and then build them again.

I know, this is not great at all. But we are aware of it and this will be in a patch if you are using the enterprise edition.

A quick thought, there might be another way to make this a little more palatable. You could create your tables with the types you want by using the Snowflake API and a tRestClient. Take a look here about the API....

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/developer-guide/sql-api/index.html

Alex9
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi rhall,

Thanks for your answer.

We'll try to find another solution.

Alex