Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JavierP2
Contributor
Contributor

Move (cut) files instead copy ftp to local folder

Hi there,

I'm working on a program that moves files between a SFTP server and a local folder.

It works fine but I have a problem, seems as the tFTPGet copy the files from the SFTP and move them to the local folder but the files still remain into the SFTP. I do need to cut the files instead copy, is there any way?

I've tried with a tFTPDelete but this solution doens't work 100% as is for example during the process between the FTPGet and the tFTPDelete a new file comes it auto deletes as is on the SFTP and it's not copied.

So solutions that I think that can work:

1) Cut the files instead copy 

2) Any rule into the tFTPDelete to only delete the ones listed into the tFTPFileList

Any ideas?

0683p000009M9sN.png

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
17 Replies
billimmer
Creator III
Creator III

then shouldn't there be an iterate connecting the tFTPFileList to a tFTPGet.  And let it iterate over your files so you don't need 4 gets?

JavierP2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I will try to explain the full procedure, so maybe it can makes sense to you and maybe there's an easier way to do it (it's my 3 time with talend).

So I have SFTP Folder where I will receive many files during the day. 

With this files I want to run every "x" mins this program that have to do the following:

1) Copy the files from the SFTP that start with "XX" into 1 local folder

2) Copy the files from the SFTP that start's with "BB" into other local folder

3) Once copied to the 2 folders I want to rename these files from the SFTP (with "OK_+FILENAME") and move them to 2 different "Historic" local folders. (that's why there's 4 gets) cause I have 4 different names and folders to move.

4) Remove the files from the SFTP.

5) Send a confirmation mail (this works).

billimmer
Creator III
Creator III

That all makes sense.  

First rename everything "OK_" + so you can keep track of what you are doing

tFTPFileList_1----(iterate)---->tFTPRename---(OnComponentOK)----tFTPDelete

Now you are only working on "OK_" files and don't need to track new stuff.  Next build your email list for only files that start with "OK_", just like you are already doing, but set the tFTPFileList_2 to "OK_*"

tFTPFileList_2----(iterate)---->tIterateToFlow---(main)----tLogRow---(main)--->tJavaFlex

Now you are ready to do work  Iterate through the "OK_XX*" files and do your work.  Use a filemask in the tFTPFileList so you only get these files.  copy them to local, archive to history folder, and delete each one.

tFTPFileList_3----(iterate)---->tFTPGet---(OnComponentOK)---->tFTPRename---(OnComponentOK)---->tFTPDelete

Now do the same for the "OK_BB" files

Finally, send your email

JavierP2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply, youre helping me a lot.

I need to change 1 thing, for the first movement, the files cannot have the OK_ added, So OK_ it's only for the files that will go to the historical folder.

It makes any change on your idea? I will try to replicate.

Thanks again!

billimmer
Creator III
Creator III

You can strip off the "OK_" after you copy it to local.

Or instead of adding "OK_", you can move the files to a "OK" folder, and then do all your work from there.

JavierP2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I've managed to do it with the renaming at the begining, I think this way there's less time between jobs so it would be more 'safe'.

I have a last question, it seems as work but in any way I need to close the connection with the FTP and also send the email.

So I want in any way to connect the tFTPDelete_2 to the tFTPClose when there's no more files to process and also send the email. Not sure how to connect.

I've thought about an if into the tFTPDelete Like : ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFTPFileList_4_NB_FILE"))==0 

But it's not working.

Any ideas how to connect that?

0683p000009M9li.png

billimmer
Creator III
Creator III

you should connect each subjob.  So connect

tFTPFileList_1 to tFTPFileList_2 with a OnSubjobOK

tFTPFileList_2 to tFTPFileList_3 with a OnSubjobOK

tFTPFileList_3 to tFTPFileList_4 with a OnSubjobOK

tFTPFileList_4 to tFTPClose_1 with a OnSubjobOK

JavierP2