Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple String Handling in one field

Hi All,
I want to use 2 string handling function in one field
For Eg: i have a email id like this Nizam@Tal!com
2things i want to do first thing is i want to convert this string as a Upper and the second one is i want to replace This one ! as .
Finall Output Nizam@Tal.com
How can i do it  these things separately i can able to do, how can i combine and do it .
And Also i want to learn the expression editor each and every function its there tell me the way to learn the expression editor or some kind of links to start from the scratch it will be useful

Regards
NZ 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All
I am new to  talend  so i don't know the  functionality how do i start to learn the the functionalities. i want some kind of document to start from the scratch

Regards
NZ
JR1
Creator III
Creator III

The best way to learn how to do this is to dive into Java and OOP in general. You can achieve your goal by using this statement (row1.InputField contains your value):
row1.InputField.toUpperCase().replace("!", ".")

To learn each and every function, you will have to learn Java as Talend uses Java as its backbone. Any Java beginner's guide should do. The aforementioned "toUpperCase" and "replace" methods are methods of the Java String class. If you want to learn about the additional system routines provided by Talend, look here: 
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=System+routines