Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NB_LINE is null

Hi,

I am new to Talend and am having issues with trying to output a log of things such as lines processed, updated, inserted etc. into a a PostgresSql database.

No matter what I try these values keep appearing as null, when I can see rows entering the database. It is however, an iterative process and so is looped to bring through information from multiple databases to output into a singular database. What I want is the totals as explained above.

I attempted to use tflowmeter and tflowmetercatcher, this sort of did the job but gave me the values for each instance I was bringing in, as opposed to an overall value.

Please see attached photos of my flow and fixxedlowinput component for further information.

nb_line.PNG

Thanks,

Pranay

Labels (2)
4 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

hi,
you can use a tBufferOutput to throw you job information to his parent.
in parent job you can sum up all your data to get a global vue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Francois,

Apologies - I'm unsure if I understand. This is the only job that I have run. 'src' within the flow is where I am bringing in data from multiple databases (loops through dependent on whichever database it is pulling from) - it then eventually outputs this data to 'out_prc', which is a singular table on a postgresSQL database. Is there any way I can achieve this total number of rows processed/updated etc. of that 'out_prc' within this flow itself, without having to create a 'parent job'?

Thanks,

Pranay

fdenis
Master
Master

you cannot sum up into the job.
but you can do it into the bd.
you can use tPostgresRow to execute a query so you can update total
"Update sumupTable set totalField=totalField+0" + globlaMap.get("tPostgresOutput_1_NB_LINES")
fdenis
Master
Master

did you solve your problem?