Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKAPOOR1596038160
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not able to connect database with built job

My Talend DI development env is on windows however i actually need to run the talend job on linux.

In my development env on windows, my job is running perfectly fine and also loading data into vertica database without any issue. But when i build the job and try to run it in linux box, it starts perfectly and execute all components correctly and final stage is dataloading to vertica data where it fails with following error. I tried to search in various forums and it seems a common problem but no where is the solution. It seems that the passowrd which is encrypted on windows is not getting correctly decrypted on linux box... I am using t_DBOutput component to connect and load data to vertica database. Could you please help?

I check 3 times about any typo in password but it is not the case.

Exception in component tDBOutput_1 (full_talend_working_UnixNew)

java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Vertica][VJDBC](3781) FATAL: Invalid username or password

at com.vertica.util.ServerErrorData.buildException(Unknown Source)

at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.authenticate(Unknown Source)

at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.initSession(Unknown Source)

at com.vertica.core.VConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.vertica.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at com.vertica.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247)

at py2talend_flexlm.full_talend_working_unixnew_1_7.full_talend_working_UnixNew.tFileList_1Process(full_talend_working_UnixNew.java:8499)

at py2talend_flexlm.full_talend_working_unixnew_1_7.full_talend_working_UnixNew.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(full_talend_working_UnixNew.java:6568)

at py2talend_flexlm.full_talend_working_unixnew_1_7.full_talend_working_UnixNew.tFileInputDelimited_3Process(full_talend_working_UnixNew.java:2244)

at py2talend_flexlm.full_talend_working_unixnew_1_7.full_talend_working_UnixNew.runJobInTOS(full_talend_working_UnixNew.java:11052)

at py2talend_flexlm.full_talend_working_unixnew_1_7.full_talend_working_UnixNew.main(full_talend_working_UnixNew.java:10893)

Caused by: com.vertica.support.exceptions.InvalidAuthorizationException: [Vertica][VJDBC](3781) FATAL: Invalid username or password

0693p000009HKwWAAW.png

Labels (3)
9 Replies
MKAPOOR1596038160
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just to share that if i connect externally using same credentials from linux box using vertica client, i can connect. It is only via Talend job, it is unable to connect because username and password are embedded in the talend job.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@MADHUSUDAN KAPOOR​ , to avoid this kind of issue you should use of context groups and context parameters for db details.

MKAPOOR1596038160
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can you please elaborate how to use context parameters to avoid this issue? or a link to study from?

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@MADHUSUDAN KAPOOR​ ,check the below link.

https://help.talend.com/reader/9bBURCEt_t~lUHE3DeE2LA/RxQxa4tNB70nX3_1bobVdA

MKAPOOR1596038160
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Even after implementing context group and parameters i am still getting same error. Is it possible that i can use cleartext password without encrypting it just for testing purpose?

MKAPOOR1596038160
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My doubt was correct that it was password decryption issue. So i used "String" instead of Password type in context and it worked but it is just to highight that password decryption algorithm between linux and windows is not same and causing this type of issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @MADHUSUDAN KAPOOR​ 

You can create your own password management routine and not use the one Talend is giving. At the runtime we have to decrypt the password to password.

Best regards

Sabrina

MKAPOOR1596038160
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for this new direction. Are there any guidelines around building a password management routine because it will after-all have to be used within Talend? Any link or study guide?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a community knowledge article: https://community.talend.com/s/article/How-to-set-up-encryption-of-the-passwords-in-Talend-Studio-8O...

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina