Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaps1602
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not able to insert row with text containing \r\n\r\n in to Redshift

Hi,

I am trying to load data to Redshift. My job is look like this :

0683p000009MaFT.png

For one of the column it is behaving differently for tow different string as mentioned below :

Get failed for this :

0683p000009MZjP.png

java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](500310) Invalid operation: Value too long for character type
Details:
-----------------------------------------------
error: Value too long for character type
code: 8001
context: Value too long for type character varying(16)
query: 4248705
process: padbmaster [pid=12385]
-----------------------------------------------;
at com.amazon.redshift.client.messages.inbound.ErrorResponse.toErrorException(Unknown Source)
at com.amazon.redshift.client.PGMessagingContext.handleErrorResponse(Unknown Source)
at com.amazon.redshift.client.PGMessagingContext.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
at com.amazon.jdbc.communications.InboundMessagesPipeline.getNextMessageOfClass(Unknown Source)

Where as for below string it works fine :

0683p000009MaFY.pngBoth string has carriage return and new line. What is wrong with string for which it is failing and how to resolve this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaps1602
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is resolved for now. The issue was not with the column I was thinking. Rather other column where I was expecting value of size 16, but getting more than that.

It took my whole to figure this out. Talend is not telling the name of column, which has the actual problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kaps1602
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is resolved for now. The issue was not with the column I was thinking. Rather other column where I was expecting value of size 16, but getting more than that.

It took my whole to figure this out. Talend is not telling the name of column, which has the actual problem.