Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing happens when clicking Publish to Cloud

Hi,

Talend Studio 7.2

I've followed the setup instructions here https://help.talend.com/reader/vRlROgSYpuvOAlfTFHVLBg/rBl3OC0I3ZqTg5M4sWMnUw which gets me into Studio and i can pull/push from GIT and edit the jobs in our project. However, when i click Publish to Cloud absolutely nothing happens, no pop ups. Looking in the support log it's showing the error below and the contents of org/talend/designer/components/ipaas/actions/wizards/ is in the attached pic. Any ideas?

Thanks

!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/talend/designer/components/ipaas/actions/wizards/AbstractPublishWizardPage$WorkspaceLabelProvider
at org.talend.designer.components.ipaas.actions.wizards.AbstractPublishWizardPage.createControl(AbstractPublishWizardPage.java:109)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:179)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:685)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:430)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1099)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:787)
at org.talend.designer.components.ipaas.actions.PublishAction.doRun(PublishAction.java:125)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:673)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3516)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.core.GitRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(GitRepositoryFactory.java:460)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:882)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2408)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:686)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:476)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:568)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4131)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3944)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3547)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:563)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:151)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:277)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattE
Creator II
Creator II

There were a couple of things needed to fix this issue.

1) My install was missing some class file (see attached pic) i had 21 but i should have had 28

2) Due to my java version i had to use a custom URL in my Talend sesstings as per this article https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Problem-with-connection-to-Integration-C...

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If you've followed the setup instruction and the 'test your connection' to Talend Cloud is working properly, then please make sure you have rights to 'Publish' in at least one workspace in TMC. Make sure you're using the appropriate URL whether you're using Java 1.8 or above !

Also have you used the installer to setup Studio, or unpacked the zip ? If you used the full installer, I believe there was an incompatibility with the shipped version of Java jointly with Studio, so please make sure your Java and studio are running fine. If it doesn't I believe the test connection above doesn't work.

One other thing I could think of, if you setup an artifact repository parameter in Studio, please make sure it's correct, as the error below seems related somehow to an artifact repository.

Regards,

Nicolas

MattE
Creator II
Creator II

There were a couple of things needed to fix this issue.

1) My install was missing some class file (see attached pic) i had 21 but i should have had 28

2) Due to my java version i had to use a custom URL in my Talend sesstings as per this article https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Problem-with-connection-to-Integration-C...

Capture.PNG
MattE
Creator II
Creator II

Just an update on this - Publish to cloud stopped working for me again. Turns out Windows had updated my version of java and i had to set the URL back to EMEA Data Centre in Preferences>Talend>Talend Cloud

0683p000009M80Q.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @MattE 

Thanks for sharing it with us on community.

Best regards

Sabrina