Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Source Reporting Solution?

Hello

I don't know if i am in a good topic. Otherwise you can move my subject in an appropriate place

I have finished my work on Talend. My datas are transformed and treated in a output Excel file.

But now, i need make graphs with these data automatically and not with Excel (with Excel, i must make graphys myself but my boss want the graphs automatically.)

So, i looked on several sites to find a open source software who proposes a solution of reporting. It's hard for me to find a good open source software and i don't know which is good.

I looked on sites : 

BIRT (i tried to install BIRT but there is a log error)

JASPERSoft (i don't understand how download jaspersoft, there are many links)

TableauSoftware and Qlikeview (It looks good but it is paying)

Maybe you already had a open software like me? Advice? Opinion? Help?

I am a begginer so, it is hard for me to find a good software without knowledge.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finaly, i use Macro with VBA in Excel. 

Pentaho isn't that i need.

I tried SpagoBi for Talend but i don't manage to install that on my computer. 

BIRT doesn't work at all.

Finally, I've been advised to use VBA in Excel. It works weel. Maybe less "attractive" but it works.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The analytical tools are available in Talend Data Quality Portal, which allows end-users to launch reports that use the information resulted from the reports generated in the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio.

Could you please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Analytical tools to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer. I am then going to read it!

Regards

Beauchamp_J

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Beauchamp_J,you can use Qlickview or Pentaho reporting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This tool might be of interest. It's Java based and uses Eclipse...like Talend. 

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/about/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@rhall

I tried open BIRT but i can't. There are errors.

Maybe because i already have Eclipse? 

@manodwhb

Qlikeview isn't a open source software? I saw that it pays. I wish to try Qlikeview but I cannot pay.

i try Pentaho Report Designer but it can't read Excel files? I thought that it can read all files xlsx, csv, etc... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have multiple Eclipse based applications on my machine with no issues. If you are trying to add it to to your Talend Eclipse (Studio), you won't be able to I don't think. You will need to either install it as a standalone application or add it to another version of Eclipse.

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Beauchamp_J,yes for qlickview you need to pay.

regarding pentaho,please find teh below link.

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/excel-jdbc-pentaho-report-designer.rst

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finaly, i use Macro with VBA in Excel. 

Pentaho isn't that i need.

I tried SpagoBi for Talend but i don't manage to install that on my computer. 

BIRT doesn't work at all.

Finally, I've been advised to use VBA in Excel. It works weel. Maybe less "attractive" but it works.

hgromek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I am interested in trying Talend for excel reporting, is it possible to share screenshots (here or message me) of your final product so I can visualize the possibilities?  or