Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II

Oracle tDBRow select returns NULLs

I've got a simple job that connects to an Oracle database with a tDBRow component and does

select sysdate from dual;

It runs and outputs one row, but when I put a tLogRow component in it's blank, and if I put a tJavaRow in and print out input_row.column_1 it prints "null".

Can anyone think why this might be? I picked a working connection from the metadata, I've put in a single column definition to the output and propagated it to the next component.

I'm using the same database connection to run a PL/SQL block in a different job and it's fine.

We're using the free edition v7.3.1.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Phil Hibbs​ , If possible can you share your job design? basically this component is designed to execute the queries and not return and pass the selected data to the next component . if you want to use select query and pass that query result to next component than the best way is use tDBInputrow .

Thanks,

Manohar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Phil Hibbs​ , If possible can you share your job design? basically this component is designed to execute the queries and not return and pass the selected data to the next component . if you want to use select query and pass that query result to next component than the best way is use tDBInputrow .

Thanks,

Manohar

PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That will be it, thanks! sorry it's been a long time since I used Talend, and that was on Big Data Edition with Hadoop. Just getting used to the tool again!