Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
root
Creator II
Creator II

POST data size - Karaf - Jetty

Is there any place where I can tell the container to accept lots of data?

In one of my web service, data around 1-2MB is consumed easily. However, when I sent data around 8MB, it was unable to process the data.

I was searching and it looks like jetty is having a max limit on the post data. It can be changed by modifying the jetty-web.xml?? 

http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/setting-form-size.html

Any direction for setting the Karaf Jetty to accept a bigger amount of data?

Thank you. 

Labels (3)
13 Replies
root
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Shameless BUMP.
root
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any help please? I am out of options here. Does Karaf/ Jetty have any size limitations on the size of incoming FORM POST data? If yes how can I change it?

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which message do you get from the job? Because when I had a problem with bigger files it was down to the memory allocated to the job. Did a translation in the job which costed a lot of memory, the webservice components where able to handle much bigger files without issues. 

root
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It ends up being a 500 Error on the server side. Please advise what is a good way to troubleshoot it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What I did was adding a Tlogcather combined with a tXMLmap to generate a Document to send with the 500 error. In normal cases you don't need a body with a 500 but you can send (tRestResponse) it so I used the map to add information to help me with the debugging.0683p000009Lr8B.png

root
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So wont we have a problem where it will say "Response already sent?"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not when you let the job die when an error is received.
root
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hmm, I will see if I can add that to test. Nonethe less, is there any way to set the correct POST data size settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I am aware of, besides it is generated automaticly. Error 500 is an internal error within the job/ services it self in most cases.