Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Parse date from globalMap

Hi!
I am using a sql query with parameters. I am getting those parameters with the component tMsgBox as a globalvar. 
This is a part from the query with mssqlinput:
par.data > TalendDate.formatDate("dd-MM-yyyy", (String)globalMap.get("tMsgBox_2_RESULT"))  and par.data < '30-11-2015' and cli.razon like '"+(String)globalMap.get("tMsgBox_1_RESULT")+"%'

On the blue code, I can compare the parameter from the tmsgbox without problem because it's a string, but when I want to input a date with the format "dd-mm-yyyy" talend is giving me an error all the time. I just want to convert that string to a date, in order to compare this on the sql.
Labels (2)
3 Replies
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
Think of SQL query as a String. So, you don't have to convert tMsgBox_2_Result to a Date, just compose the String as if you've type it by yourself:
"par.data > '" + (String)globalMap.get("tMsgBox_2_RESULT") + 
"' and par.data < '30-11-2015' and cli.razon like '" +
(String)globalMap.get("tMsgBox_2_RESULT") + "%'"

Hope this helps,
TRF
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Helps a lot. Thank you.
KarthikGs
Creator
Creator

it is not working for me, below is the error snippet

tDBInput_5 class java.sql.Timestamp cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.sql.Timestamp is in module java.sql of loader 'platform'; java.lang.String is in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.sql.Timestamp cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.sql.Timestamp is in module java.sql of loader 'platform'; java.lang.String is in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')