Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpinumalla
Creator
Creator

Parsing json files using absolute path

Hi all,

1. I was looking to retrive/read a json file using absolute path using talend 7.3.1 . I could see only xpath / jsonpath. In previous versions like 7.1.1 had 3 options : absoute path/xpath/jsonpath. is this feature available in the current versions like 7.3.1 or 7.4.1

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gpinumalla
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ I was not able to parse complete 153 fields instead I used the trawinput file as json body --> trest1 --> response to the textractjson. it worked with trawinput.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can specify the "Relative or absolute path expression" when defining the schema of your JSON file

For more information, please have a look at this online documentation for V 7.3.1

TalendHelpCenter: Setting up JSON metadata for an input file

Best regards

Sabrina

gpinumalla
Creator
Creator
Author

it helps to parse json. I have logic to pass the complete json file into the rest API component using trestclient. is it possible to parse all json elements into the trestclient?

gpinumalla
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​  I have a requirement of 153 fields in one json file and call a rest APi call using trestclient component. the problem is that there are multiple arrays and loops within one json file. Is it possible to calling Rest API and mapping json mapping to trestclient? is there a way to pass text file ( convert json file to text format) to call API ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

JSON can be passed to a tRestClient and it is a String and not a Document.

You need to send the JSON string to the "string" input and not the "body" of the tRestClient.

Let me know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

gpinumalla
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ I was not able to parse complete 153 fields instead I used the trawinput file as json body --> trest1 --> response to the textractjson. it worked with trawinput.