Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
since_1995
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pass Multiple Location in Geo Coding API Call using Talend

I have around 4000 addresses for which i need to find the lat and lng using google Geocoding API. I have built a talend job for this, but it is really slow.

This is the ex API Call:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=1600%20Amphitheatre%20Parkway%20Mountain%V...

im using ((String)globalMap.get(row2.addresses)) in tREST to call the each addresses in my job.

So for 4k records, i have to use 4k API call.

Just like we can pass around 25 destination or origin to one call in distance matrix api, is there any way to pass multiple addresses to geocoding api in the same call.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think this is possible with the Google Geocoding API, but if you only have 4000 addresses, you only need to do this once. An address' lat/lng will never change unless the address physically moves. If your batch of 4000 addresses change periodically, you should keep a store of your address lat/lng values and search for those first, then add any extra lat/lng values that are found as the number increases.