Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem connection to Access DB

Hello,

I'm new to Talend and I have a problem to connect to my MS Access DB.
I'm using Talend big data 7.1 and Access 2013.
When creating a new connection to a database and testing my connection to my Access file I have this message:

(translation: fail to connection You must modify parameters of the database)
Echec de la connexion Vous devez modifier les paramètres de la base de données.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:204)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1139)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:290)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:4189)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:124)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:149)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.util.ErrorHandler
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 13 more

I also have this additionnal parameter:jackcessOpener=org.talend.ucanaccess.encrypt.CryptCodecOpener;memory=false
I don't know what it is...

I checked my ODBC manager (I'm in 64) and I have MS Access Database with .mdb .accdb.

In this form, it is not working BUT!

It is working fine when I'm using tAccessConnection. I can perfectly connect to my table in Access and send it to my MariaDb.
But I have 15 tables and I don't want to have 15 tAccessConnection and manually write all the schemas...

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I come back a month later, not to thanks someone, but to give the solution I found if anybody read this:

Talend Big Data: Desinstall

Talend Data Integration: Install

Download required parameters.

Works perfectly.
Thanks to myself 0683p000009MACn.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

What is this class?

com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler

Is this something custom to your business?  The Java classloader cannot find it which is the source of your error.  You may need to add a .jar file with that class to the classpath of your project.  Do a search for adding custom jars to Talend.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I actually tried to download a .jar of that jackcess and put in my classpath.

But I don't know where is that classpath... I tried to copy it in different parts of my workspace, without success...

For exemple here: http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/j/Downloadjackcess200jar.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After many tries and installs, you can see in the screenshot what I have on the project.

0683p000009M4Rx.png0683p000009M2gn.png

I also went into Window->Preferences->Java->Build Path and I also create a library.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can someone help me, I really need to create as simple as it should be, a connexion to my Access DB.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I come back a month later, not to thanks someone, but to give the solution I found if anybody read this:

Talend Big Data: Desinstall

Talend Data Integration: Install

Download required parameters.

Works perfectly.
Thanks to myself 0683p000009MACn.png

lec86042
Contributor
Contributor

I am using DI integration but i only able to connect to local access DB.  If i try to connect to an access DB that is stored in our server then im unable to connect from my local pc ("jdbc:ucanaccess://W:/CPXDatabases/Test/chempax.mdb").  I have mapped the location to my pc but no luck.  Anyway, i guess i will keep trying to see if changing to DI like you suggested works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

I'm facing the same subject for 48h.

When you say : "Talend Data Integration: Install Download required parameters...." you refer to ...?

Possibly to describe a little more ?

Thanks in advance,

Bogdan

lec86042
Contributor
Contributor

Just make sure you install all the JARs. Jackcess is the main one. But once u install the DI app, start by using the tdbconnection then select Access and map the location. Once you have that you should be able to use the other db components/connectors to query tables or whatever u want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for reply.

I've installed already all jack* jars and follow your instructions but unfortunately no positive results.

When I'm asked to connect to database it is mandatory to fill user name/ password/ jdbc parameters or I DON'T HAVE ANY cause no such parameters are defined.

Same thing if I try to set a Metadata connexion.

Regards