Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem connection to Access DB

Hello,

I'm new to Talend and I have a problem to connect to my MS Access DB.
I'm using Talend big data 7.1 and Access 2013.
When creating a new connection to a database and testing my connection to my Access file I have this message:

(translation: fail to connection You must modify parameters of the database)
Echec de la connexion Vous devez modifier les paramètres de la base de données.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:204)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1139)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:290)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:4189)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:124)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:149)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.util.ErrorHandler
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 13 more

I also have this additionnal parameter:jackcessOpener=org.talend.ucanaccess.encrypt.CryptCodecOpener;memory=false
I don't know what it is...

I checked my ODBC manager (I'm in 64) and I have MS Access Database with .mdb .accdb.

In this form, it is not working BUT!

It is working fine when I'm using tAccessConnection. I can perfectly connect to my table in Access and send it to my MariaDb.
But I have 15 tables and I don't want to have 15 tAccessConnection and manually write all the schemas...

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I come back a month later, not to thanks someone, but to give the solution I found if anybody read this:

Talend Big Data: Desinstall

Talend Data Integration: Install

Download required parameters.

Works perfectly.
Thanks to myself 0683p000009MACn.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

What is this class?

com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler

Is this something custom to your business?  The Java classloader cannot find it which is the source of your error.  You may need to add a .jar file with that class to the classpath of your project.  Do a search for adding custom jars to Talend.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I actually tried to download a .jar of that jackcess and put in my classpath.

But I don't know where is that classpath... I tried to copy it in different parts of my workspace, without success...

For exemple here: http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/j/Downloadjackcess200jar.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After many tries and installs, you can see in the screenshot what I have on the project.

0683p000009M4Rx.png0683p000009M2gn.png

I also went into Window->Preferences->Java->Build Path and I also create a library.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can someone help me, I really need to create as simple as it should be, a connexion to my Access DB.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I come back a month later, not to thanks someone, but to give the solution I found if anybody read this:

Talend Big Data: Desinstall

Talend Data Integration: Install

Download required parameters.

Works perfectly.
Thanks to myself 0683p000009MACn.png

lec86042
Contributor
Contributor

I am using DI integration but i only able to connect to local access DB.  If i try to connect to an access DB that is stored in our server then im unable to connect from my local pc ("jdbc:ucanaccess://W:/CPXDatabases/Test/chempax.mdb").  I have mapped the location to my pc but no luck.  Anyway, i guess i will keep trying to see if changing to DI like you suggested works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

I'm facing the same subject for 48h.

When you say : "Talend Data Integration: Install Download required parameters...." you refer to ...?

Possibly to describe a little more ?

Thanks in advance,

Bogdan

lec86042
Contributor
Contributor

Just make sure you install all the JARs. Jackcess is the main one. But once u install the DI app, start by using the tdbconnection then select Access and map the location. Once you have that you should be able to use the other db components/connectors to query tables or whatever u want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for reply.

I've installed already all jack* jars and follow your instructions but unfortunately no positive results.

When I'm asked to connect to database it is mandatory to fill user name/ password/ jdbc parameters or I DON'T HAVE ANY cause no such parameters are defined.

Same thing if I try to set a Metadata connexion.

Regards