Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem connection to Access DB

Hello,

I'm new to Talend and I have a problem to connect to my MS Access DB.
I'm using Talend big data 7.1 and Access 2013.
When creating a new connection to a database and testing my connection to my Access file I have this message:

(translation: fail to connection You must modify parameters of the database)
Echec de la connexion Vous devez modifier les paramètres de la base de données.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:204)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1139)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:290)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:4189)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/healthmarketscience/jackcess/util/ErrorHandler
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:124)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:149)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.util.ErrorHandler
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 13 more

I also have this additionnal parameter:jackcessOpener=org.talend.ucanaccess.encrypt.CryptCodecOpener;memory=false
I don't know what it is...

I checked my ODBC manager (I'm in 64) and I have MS Access Database with .mdb .accdb.

In this form, it is not working BUT!

It is working fine when I'm using tAccessConnection. I can perfectly connect to my table in Access and send it to my MariaDb.
But I have 15 tables and I don't want to have 15 tAccessConnection and manually write all the schemas...

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Labels (4)
12 Replies
lec86042
Contributor
Contributor

Can you show your errors?

I made it work using MetaData but it was super tough and i spent way too much time.

Using tDBConnection was easier to setup.

Database = Access and click Apply 

Database = the path to where the access db is located (it may create errors if you did not adjust memory and you db is huge or not on local computer).

username & password is not needed but you get a warning, so i just enter my name and fake pwd.

That is it and you then create some connectors.

I'm not an expert but i will try to help if i can.

I attached an image of a simple workflow.

0683p000009Lybm.png0683p000009M9W8.png0683p000009M9Re.png

Snag_19aace38.png
BobSmileyJCF
Contributor
Contributor

Years after your post now, and I'm having the exact same issues.

I'm using a tDBConnection component selecting "Access" as the database, with a full path to my locally stored access database, but I can't guess a schema or issue a query in a tDBInput.

At first it said I needed jackcess jar files; I found them on mavenlink, downloaded and installed them, and I've now moved on to a new set of issues.

When clicking "guess schema" in the tDBInput basic settings tab, I get "Database connection is failed" dialog. I'd like to read the table schemas and data from my local access database and move it to a SQL Server back end, but I can't make the initial connection to the access database.

How did you get this to work? It's not a straightforward as i would expect given how easy it is to access data from more complex database systems!

ddurawilson1654689985
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for solution..