Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Problem tSendMail Office365

hello to all, 

I use "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Version: 7.3.1" and am experiencing a problem with the tSendMail component using my Office365 account. 

I have already modified, as indicated in other posts, the file java.security deleting the values TLSv1, TLSv1.1 from the line jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms, I still receive the error message: "javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException". 

I have already verified the account settings and also the user and password, I have no problems in authentication, the problem is when I try to use the Talend component.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Labels (4)
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you show your connection config on the component please? No need to for passwords or email addresses, but I'd like to see the host and port configuration as well as the other settings.

gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for getting back to me.

the configuration parameters, were taken from the microsoft site, I attach image.

I have already verified username and password

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try ....

smpt.outlook.office365.com

....as the host?

gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

this is the message that is given to me if I try to run with the suggested host:

Exception in component tSendMail_1 (testSendMail)

javax.mail.MessagingException: Unknown SMTP host: smpt.outlook.office365.com;

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, typing error. I meant....

smtp.outlook.office365.com

gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

always...

Exception in component tSendMail_1 (testSendMail)

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the time taken to respond, I thought this would do it for you. I am using the tSendMail in exactly the same way as you (but with the host I mentioned above) and it works perfectly for me.

The one thing I did noticed when I was playing around to try and recreate your issue was that if I am on a VPN I do have some issues with this configuration. But I don't get the authentication error you speak of.

The only other thing I can think of is this KB article....

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Issue-with-tSendMail-and-TLS-version-ElVmA

Now I have not had to do this, but this *might* help.

gcurato82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your help.

can you attach photos of the settings? so you can compare them with mine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are my settings. I generally use Context variables, so I have shared my Context variables as well.

0695b00000OCV2hAAH.png 

0695b00000OCV31AAH.png