Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".

Hi All,

I have been working with Talend for around 12 months within the company i work for so I know the jobs that we have pretty well however I'm currently experiencing an issue which I've never come across before.

We are running Talend Studio -> 6.2 on 2008 R2 SP1 - We know this is old and we are currently in the planning stages of moving.

I was working on a specific job earlier this week without issue, job ran successfully (manual run), closed talend and logged off the server.

Opened talend this morning, Picked the workspace and as studio is loading received an error of null pointer. 

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench". - java.lang.IllegalStateException: The profile is currently in use.

Has anyone ever come across this before? When I go to run my job mnaually now it starts and then dies without anything being pushed to the execution window. It would seem to me that this is more of a platform issue rather than a job issue.

TIA

Truez

Labels (1)
2 Replies
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

You might have another instance of Talend Studio running in the background that is locking your profile.  Talend Studio is an extension of Eclipse.  You could look at your Task Manager and kill any Java processes which might be zombie Talend Studio or Eclipse processes.  Then restart Talend Studio.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI nfz11,

Thanks for your swift reply. Unfortunately I think i can decisively say that this isn't the case. I have checked task manager and just in case I had missed anything I rebooted the server for good measure and I am still receiving the same issue.

I don't understand why this would just happen overnight, Updates are not set to happen automatically so I do not believe that this is the cause at this point in time. What is really strange is the error occurs when I open talend however I have the ability to manually run some jobs but not the one i want and as mentioned before I haven't made any changes to the job and it was running a few days before.

Cheers 

Truez