Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA621858188
Creator
Creator

Purging Activity Talend jobs

Hi All,

I wanted to purge all the Talend jobs, so as part of this activity, I will delete everything from Git, which is sufficient as my code is committed on GitHub, or I will explicitly delete the jobs from Talend Studio.

Also, please let me know what steps need to be taken to purge the Talend jobs from GitHub.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
22 Replies
BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

Its not correct as I don't want to delete all the jobs.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Xiaodi Shi​ ,

please suggest you approach here. Deleting required jobs from Talend Studio is a better option or deleting properties and snapshot files from Git.

jlolling_kloeckner
Contributor
Contributor

You cannot delete permanently (without a trace) single jobs in Git. You will always find them in the history (former commits).

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Jan Lolling​ 

I can delete the specific jobs from Talend studio and from recycle bin and commit the changes to Git.

will that work?

jlolling_kloeckner
Contributor
Contributor

It depends what you intent to do. Yes of course this is the way to delete jobs but you spoke about purging and purging means nobody ever will have access to theses jobs anymore and this is not the case.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Jan Lolling​ ,

I have tried this step for one job and now I am not able to any .snapshot and .properties file for the job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you getting any error about "The number of registered Job exceed maximum size..." While running jobs?

We will make some discussion with our product PMs and experts to see if there is any safe solution for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ 

No I am not getting any error.

I need help just to select the approach from below 2 options:

1.Delete the jobs from Talend studio and commit into Git

2.or Delete the .snapshot,.properties etc files from Git

Which one is better?

jlolling_kloeckner
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean with properties and snapshot files? I guess you mix here something up. Do you mean screenshot files?

A job always constists of an *.item + *.properties + *.screenshot file and you habe to handel all of them together!

For me it looks like you have actually no idea what you are talking about.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I am clear with my point. Yes, I know that whenever we create a job in Talend, the *.item + *.properties + *.screenshot file will be there for each job, and that we can see in Github that these files have actual code, right?

Hence, I am asking whether it is good to delete these files from Github and commit, or delete the specific jobs from Talend Studio and commit in Git.