Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read time out error using tFTPGet

Hello Friends,

I am new to Talend, I am trying to download data feed/s from ftp using tFTPGet component. I added necessary ftp details, but getting SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out error on running the job.

I saw couple of posts on community, there was one post similar to my issue. The solution mentioned in that post didn't work for me.

Attached is the screenshot of tFTPGet configuration.

Could you please help

Regards,

Mahesh

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vapukov
Master II
Master II

if in FileZill you use also SFTP, it is port 22

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mahesh,

Did you check the firewall settings is creating any issue for the specific port?

https://enterprisedt.com/questions/index.php/1203/read-timed-out-while-trying-to-get-the-file

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

vapukov
Master II
Master II

in addition to @nthampi answer

you always can (and must) test "timeout", "not available" and any similar errors 

from the same computer but with different tools:

• use database client to connect to the remote database
  • use ftp/ssh client to connect to remote ftp/ssh server
  • use API client to connect to an API endpoint 
  • and etc

in many cases, it helps to detect proper place where issue present, and ftp not accessible from same computer - no any reason to search what Talend doing wrong 🙂 it is time to ask network admins to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nikhil..

I changed the Firewall settings which was blocked earlier. I still see the same issue. Anything else I need to change?0683p000009M2ja.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changing the firewall settings also didn't help. I am able access ftp account using FileZilla ftp client. There is no issue there.

Also Passive Connection model is not available for SFTP. If I select SFTP Support, Connection model option is getting disabled on UI.

vapukov
Master II
Master II

yes, and there what I mean

FileZilla - work? perfect

what difference in settings? what you have in FileZilla and not in Talend?

vapukov
Master II
Master II

btw

SFTP - work on port 22

FTPS - on 21 and this mode support passive if you are looking for it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Talend has little more option Authentication(Public key), Use socket proxy. Otherwise both are similar.

Only difference with FileZilla is, I didn't mentioned any port, it is using default port. But on Talend I used 21 as it was mandatory field.

vapukov
Master II
Master II

if in FileZill you use also SFTP, it is port 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. After changing the port to 22, it worked.