Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

Reading flat files from Talend open studio

Hi All,

I have recently Installed talend 7.2 on my WINDOWS system. I am new to talend.

I want to read flat files from Windows/Unix server. Can someone please tell me how can i define server path on my windows machine or how to define a server path for unix? what things do i need to do/install?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Are you reading a file where you have Talend from the same system?
billimmer
Creator III
Creator III

You have a fiew choices to access you flat file from your Windows computer running Talend.  

1. On the Unix Server you can create a "shared" directory that your Windows computer can connect to.  The you can access the share just like you would any other folder.  For example say your Unix server's network name was "unix1" and the share was called "share1" and your flat file was called "flat1.csv".  Then in any talend component you would use "//unix1/share1/flat1.csv" 

2. You can setup SFTP on the Unix Server.  Then you would use Talends FTP components to copy the file from the Unix Server to your Windows computer and then process it.

3.  If the Unix server has a web server running on it, you could access the file from HTTP/HTTPS.  

It's also possible to do 1 and 2 above in reverse, and have the Unix server send the flat file to the Windows computer.