Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDondapati1602160294
Contributor
Contributor

Reading mainframe file in Talend

I came across a scenario of loading mainframe files​ to Talend. I found tInputebcidic component, but we are not supposed to use that and also tried talend data mapper but I am pretty new to that so couldn't find info for the same. Did anyone of you come across such situation and how did you handle the same.

!!!!!! Thanks in Advance!!!!!

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The EBCDIC components have been deprecated several version ago to be replaced by Talend Data Mapper.

Please refer to this page about: TalendHelpCenter: TalendHelpCenter: Talend Data Mapper User Guide

Best regards

Sabrina

GDondapati1602160294
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for the response,Can u help with an example of parsing mainframe file in Talend using TDM and relevant docs. ​

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

These are the mappings available in Talend Data Mapper.

Please have a look at it: TalendHelpCenter: Mappings

Best regards

Sabrina

GDondapati1602160294
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Is there anyway apart from TDM to read mainframe files and to do transformations for the same. ​

Regards,

Gnaneswar​

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You could go to https://exchange.talend.com and try to download custom components from there.

Note that the EBCDIC handling capabilities are now fully supported by Talend Data Mapper that comes with any Talend Platform solutions.

Best regards

Sabrina