Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator

Real Time Statistics unavailable

Hello,

we have two Talend Job Servers (on different Linux machines). The TAC server is on one of these two machines.
When I run a Job deployed on the Job Server on the same machine of the TAC Server I'm able to see Real Time Statistics.
When I run a Job deployed on a different Job Server than the TAC Server I'm NOT able to see Real Time Statistics, even if they are enabled (in the Job Configuration on the right panel of the TAC Panel).

I think, then, it could be a firewall issue, or simethnig similar. I have to ask to open a port, I guess, but which one? 
In the TAC Configuration Page I see: Log4J - Techical logstash appender: <tac-server>:8019

Is this the port that any other Job Server contacts to show real time statistics?

Thank you,
Lorenzo 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  
Edit the file:
TOMCAT_FOLDER/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties
Add the below line in this file if it does not exist.
#The range where find a free port on the Administrator machine, where the job will send the statistics informations during its execution
scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts=10000-11000

Opened the range of port on your firewall, and restart tomcat server. 

Let me know if it works or not. 

Regards
Shong
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

It works, thank you!

There is one more problem with Statistics, by the way.

When I start a Job that contains a tRunJob Component I'm able to see Real Time Statistics only for what happens before (in time) the subjob calling (I mean before the tRunJob execution), but not what happens after.

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Lorenzo
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I start a Job that contains a tRunJob Component I'm able to see Real Time Statistics only for what happens before (in time) the subjob calling (I mean before the tRunJob execution), but not what happens after.

Hi 
Does your job pass data from child job to main job? or you want to see the real time statistics of child job? Can you please upload a screenshot to show me what data/statistics you want to see?
Regards
Shong
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

shong wrote:

Does your job pass data from child job to main job? or you want to see the real time statistics of child job? Can you please upload a screenshot to show me what data/statistics you want to see?

Hi Shong,
my parent job does not pass any parameter to the child one, and neither back from child to parent.
I don't what to see realtime stats about child job. I just see statistics about the parent job just for those components that, speaking about timing, runs before the child one is started. Any other component in the parent job, that is subsequent to the end of the tRunJob, does not show any statistic.
In the screenshot attached, related to a succesful execution, you can see that the only statistics shown are an "ok" and a "false" (right side of the screenshot), and both of them are the only two actions that happened before the "Maintenance" (tRunJob) component execution.
Let me know whether I have to add more infos. I'm quite sure you can have the same problem when you design yourself a simple job, with a tRunJob component in the middle of the flow.
Looking forward for your response, to better understand if it depends on a Talend bug or a my bad Job design.
Regards,
Lorenzo