Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reg: FTP'ing files from remote server to local folder in windows

Hi All,
I am trying to ftp files from remote server to local using following components. tFTPConnection --> tFTPFileList --> tFTPGet. For further info please see the screen shots.
I have hosted my files under the directory C:\Inetpub\ftproot\ExampleFTPFiles.
My source and target machines runs on windows XP. I am trying to automate this process. I just followed all the instructions but it leads me with following error.
Starting job job_tsystem at 11:26 09/12/2011.
connecting to socket on port 3868
connected
Exception in component tFTPFileList_1
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 550 C:\Inetpub\ftproot\ExampleFTPFiles: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1201)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.chdir(FTPClient.java:3723)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.tFTPFileList_1Process(job_tsystem.java:378)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.tFTPConnection_1Process(job_tsystem.java:311)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.runJobInTOS(job_tsystem.java:956)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.main(job_tsystem.java:824)
disconnected
Job job_tsystem ended at 11:26 09/12/2011.
The snapshots are very clear and explanatory.
I need some inputs. All the best.
Thanks in Advance
Naju
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
First, you use tFTPConnection to create a ftp connection at the beginning of job, why don't you use the existing on other FTP component?
Second, the remote directory should like "./ExampleFTPFiles" if the root directory is C:\Inetpub\ftproot in your FTP server.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shong. It worked. But my component are showing some error on designer. I am just posting this screen shot.
Regards
Naju
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
When I replaced C:/Inetpub/ftproot/ExampleFTPFiles with "./ExampleFTPFiles" it worked. How can I ftp a source file on folder D:/Files. Any valuable suggestions?
Regards
Najeeb