Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reg: FTP'ing files from remote server to local folder in windows

Hi All,
I am trying to ftp files from remote server to local using following components. tFTPConnection --> tFTPFileList --> tFTPGet. For further info please see the screen shots.
I have hosted my files under the directory C:\Inetpub\ftproot\ExampleFTPFiles.
My source and target machines runs on windows XP. I am trying to automate this process. I just followed all the instructions but it leads me with following error.
Starting job job_tsystem at 11:26 09/12/2011.
connecting to socket on port 3868
connected
Exception in component tFTPFileList_1
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 550 C:\Inetpub\ftproot\ExampleFTPFiles: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1201)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.chdir(FTPClient.java:3723)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.tFTPFileList_1Process(job_tsystem.java:378)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.tFTPConnection_1Process(job_tsystem.java:311)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.runJobInTOS(job_tsystem.java:956)
at coe.job_tsystem_1_0.job_tsystem.main(job_tsystem.java:824)
disconnected
Job job_tsystem ended at 11:26 09/12/2011.
The snapshots are very clear and explanatory.
I need some inputs. All the best.
Thanks in Advance
Naju
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
First, you use tFTPConnection to create a ftp connection at the beginning of job, why don't you use the existing on other FTP component?
Second, the remote directory should like "./ExampleFTPFiles" if the root directory is C:\Inetpub\ftproot in your FTP server.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shong. It worked. But my component are showing some error on designer. I am just posting this screen shot.
Regards
Naju
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
When I replaced C:/Inetpub/ftproot/ExampleFTPFiles with "./ExampleFTPFiles" it worked. How can I ftp a source file on folder D:/Files. Any valuable suggestions?
Regards
Najeeb